Another year gone by, another thousands of minutes spent listening to music. You’ll note that I wrote one of those half-way through the year so there is not so much that I’ll add to it. Without further ado, let’s have a look:
- Tickets to my Downfall, by Machine Gun Kelly. Yes I already wrote that. Yes I listened to this album for an entire year.
- SURVIVOR GUILT: THE MIXTAPE// by KennyHoopla. Idem
- how will i rest in peace if i’m buried by a highway// by Kenny Hoopla. What can I say the man knows how to make music.
- MONTERO by Lil Nas X. Yes.
- Planet Her by Doja Cat. What. a. woman. What a woman.
- Willow (Smith)’s songs, especially Meet Me At Our Spot (Live). I have absorbed their harmonies into my brain by now.
- Josh Groban’s christmas album like last year.
I’ll also mention Starset’s last album, HORIZONS (why is it that everyone capitalizes their titles?), Imagine Dragon’s last album Mercury – Act 1 (and the song Wrecked), Tom Rosenthal’s Denis was a Bird, the Lockdown Sessions by Elton John and RADWIMPS’s FOREVER DAZE, all albums that I’ve listened to in one go and liked although not enough to be played on repeat (maybe that is for the better actually).